A new chapter in our lives . . .
It’s hard for us to believe that we’d been in Southern CA for 40 years. During that time we got to know and connect so many talented and caring people. The contexts include:
- Our son Christopher’s education and sports on the PV Peninsula.
- Ed’s time at the Mudge Rose law firm and with the people working at his clients.
- The elder law and bioethics communities, with Torrance Memorial and Little Company of Mary, also at Rotary and PVLD and in community education.
- Co-founding and growing H.E.L.P. and then Caring House, and connecting with staff, volunteers and donors, and with hospice, palliative care and other care professionals.
- Our personal doctors, tax, legal, financial, real estate and other advisors.
- Tennis at both PRC and PVTC, plus Patty’s walking groups and book club.
So many positive connections. Such good learning, fun and memories. We’ve been blessed.
We know we can’t replicate that in our new place, but hope to continue connecting with and learning from new people.