This is our all-time favorite book in this genre.
Inspired Philanthropy — Your Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Giving Plan and Leaving a Legacy, by Tracy Gary should be high on any savvy giver’s reading list.
Inspired Philanthropy . . . provides a wealth of background, exercises, worksheets and other resources for thinking about and planning your charitable giving. It will help you:
- Think through what’s important to you.
- Decide how much to give.
- Differentiate between giving during your lifetime and giving through your estate.
- Think about giving from principal (savings) vs. from income.
- Find information on charities.
- Communicate with groups you choose to support.
- Involve your children and grandchildren.
- Consider leaving gifts in your estate.
- Become a “change-maker” and collaborate with others to make the world a better place.
Check our Donor Resources section, where we’ve rounded up a bunch of our favorite resources.