I’ve rounded up favorite resources from other places. Consider bookmarking this page for your reference and convenience when you’re doing charity-related research.
Nonprofit and Charity Organization Information
- You’ve done your CharityCheck to identify the organization and find its tax status.
- Now select from the top charity research sites to find out more about an organization’s mission, operations and finances.
IRS Rules and Requirements
These donor resources can help you learn about the IRS rules and requirements related to charitable giving.
- Exempt Organizations Select Check (formerly Publication 78)
- Publication 526 — Charitable Contributions
- Publication 557 — Tax Exempt Status for Your Organization
- Publication 1771 — Charitable Contribution Substantiation and Disclosure Requirements
Consumer Protection Help
These government donor resources can help you with consumer protection matters.