I’m Ed Long, JD. I’m devoted to excellence in both charitable giving and end-of-life care. I created this site to share with you and others as you seek to do good well in those vital arenas. I hope you find it helpful.
My background includes extensive hands-on experience in the legal, nonprofit, elder law, care planning and financial fields. I’ve created and managed nonprofits and helped others evaluate them. A few accomplishments:
- After earning my college business degree, earned my law degree at age 23 — serving also as a law review editor.
- Practiced government and corporate finance law for 20+ years with a major Wall Street law firm — where I helped raise billions of dollars for projects and organizations around the U.S.
- Practiced elder law for 15+ years in my own law firm and then as co-founder/staff attorney for elder-assisting nonprofit — where I helped older adults and families create better plans and results.
- Served for 20+ years on the bioethics committees at two prominent hospitals — where I repeatedly saw the results of care planning done poorly or not at all.
- Provided well-received community education programs over 25+ years — helping attendees understand and evaluate nonprofits and in other programs helping them do better elder law/care planning.
Note: Please don’t add up all those years — there was some overlap so I’m not 103+ years old.
You can also find me on LinkedIn.
If you have questions, suggestions or other feedback for me use the Contact and Ask page.